Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lil' Wayne To Face Jail Time

While I don't usually post this kind of news, I do like me some Lil' Wayne on occasion and I wasn't all too surprised when I came across this tidbit of news today. The Associated Press reports that Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to attempted gun possession in New York this morning. According to the AP, he "expects to receive a one-year jail sentence." Wayne is out on bail right now, but he'll be sentenced in February. The charge stems from a 2007 incident in which Manhattan police raided Wayne's tour bus after smelling marijuana and reportedly saw Wayne trying to get rid of a bag, which contained a loaded .40 caliber semi-automatic. Wayne had previously pleaded not guilty to the charge of illegal gun possession. As the AP reports, if he had been found guilty for that, he would have faced a three-and-a-half-year jail sentence (from pitchfork.com).

No comments: